Thread: Volunteers for the International Motorcycle Show (D.C.)

Executive Committee The Evil Twin's Avatar

Cool Volunteers for the International Motorcycle Show (D.C.)

The IMC is coming January 4-6th 2013! Don't know about you folks, but I am excited to see what is coming for the new models! The only thing better than acres of moto-stuff in the middle of winter, is to be a part of the event!! That, my friends, is the opportunity we have here. The show runs the following times:
    Friday 1/4 3:00pm-8:00pm (we will need to set up prior to 3)
    Saturday 1/5 9:30am-8:00pm
    Sunday 1/6 10:00am-5:00pm (we will need to clean up after)

Those that open or close may need to be a little early or stay a little late.

I would like to ask for volunteers to commit approximately 4 hours of your time to help us out. If you can help for more than 4 hours that's great too!! Those of you that are new to MARRC, please don't be bashful! You need not know everything about the club to participate. It would be best to have at least 2 volunteers at a time so a trip to the "Green Room" can be made when needed. The more, the merrier; and that juuuust might allow us some time to nose around a bit too

I will update this list as things move forward. (Friday set up time TBD)
    Friday
    2pm- 5pm: _______________ & _____________________
    5pm- 8pm: _______________ & _____________________

Saturday
    9am- 1pm: _______________ & _____________________
    1pm- 5pm: _______________ & _____________________
    5pm- 8:30pm: _______________ & _____________________

Sunday
    9:30am- 1:30pm: _______________ & _____________________
    1:30pm- 5:30pm: _______________ & _____________________

Being pretty flexible, I will fill in unclaimed spots as needed.
    For more info on the show itself:
    http://www.motorcycleshows.com/washington-dc

Thanks everyone!!
    Last edited by The Evil Twin; 12-05-2012 at 06:25 PM.
    -Dean

I didn't want to start a new thread or post this on .net or FB, but...... I would like the thoughts of the EC (and anyone else) on this:
    At the show I would like to offer folks some swag (as we were pushing some old stuff out the door last season ) as well as a flyer promoting the club ans IMF. My question to you is this: Should we solicit donations to the IMF and/ or general fund? Are we allowed to? Best way to account the donations? Should I just shut up now?
    -Dean

Friday
    2pm- 5pm: _Dean_ & ____Tommy__________________

Saturday
    9am- 1pm: ___Rob____ & ___Dave___
    1pm- 5pm: _April_ & ___Dean____
    5pm- 8:30pm: __Kumi_________ & ______Arnie_______________

Sunday
    9:30am- 1:30pm: __Nate Wills________ & _________________
    1:30pm- 5:30pm: ___April____________ & _____Jen___________

Quote Originally Posted by The Evil Twin View Post
    I didn't want to start a new thread or post this on .net or FB, but...... I would like the thoughts of the EC (and anyone else) on this:
    At the show I would like to offer folks some swag (as we were pushing some old stuff out the door last season ) as well as a flyer promoting the club ans IMF. My question to you is this: Should we solicit donations to the IMF and/ or general fund? Are we allowed to? Best way to account the donations? Should I just shut up now?
    Dean; I will bring this direct to the EC; these are all great ideas; we also have the ongoing raffle for the Wilcox bike; I know we had a display motorcycle a couple years back; maybe we could get Adam's bike to display?? I know it was a PITA to get the bike there last time; but also Arnie offered his bikes if we want a display bike. Just things to think about when putting this together.

Quote Originally Posted by KumiK View Post
    Dean; I will bring this direct to the EC; these are all great ideas; we also have the ongoing raffle for the Wilcox bike; I know we had a display motorcycle a couple years back; maybe we could get Adam's bike to display?? I know it was a PITA to get the bike there last time; but also Arnie offered his bikes if we want a display bike. Just things to think about when putting this together.
    My original plan was to use my bike, since it is sitting in my garage but I like the Wilcox bike idea too. One way or another we can incorporate that if all are in agreement.
    -Dean

UPDATE

Friday

2pm- 5pm: _Dean_ & ____Tommy__________________

Saturday

9am- 1pm: ___Rob____ & ___Dave___

1pm- 5pm: _April_ & ___Dean____ & ___Simon_______
    5pm- 8:30pm: __Kumi____ & ___Arnie___ & ____Simon______

Sunday

9:30am- 1:30pm: __Nate Wills________ & _________________
    1:30pm- 5:30pm: ___April____________ & _____Jen___________

Any intention of having a small TV and a laptop to show some videos and slideshows of us in action? Pat aka Magicrat has some of us.
    This is a really good one. http://www.magicratproductions.com/v...php?name=MARRC

He could probably provide us with a higher resolution copy.
    Radio Guy and Ex-Treasurer
    CCS #19

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMotorcycleGuy View Post
    Any intention of having a small TV and a laptop to show some videos and slideshows of us in action? Pat aka Magicrat has some of us.
    This is a really good one. http://www.magicratproductions.com/v...php?name=MARRC

He could probably provide us with a higher resolution copy.
    Bad. Ass.
    That is all........

YES!! If you can get a HR file to me (Dropbox, flash drive, CD) then we should be able to figure it out. Hell, I'm surrounded by computer guys
    -Dean