PDA

View Full Version : Forum Roll Call!

Gorecki
05-08-2012, 05:00 PM
Hello All,

I wanted to take a moment to see if I could get EVERY member of these forums to chime in for a roll call. Each forum member should have received an email directing them to this thread.

The intended purpose is to make sure everyone is able to access, log into and use the forums.

So please, simply take a second to post up that you’re alive and breathing!

If you are having problems, email us using the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the forum page or directly to forum.admin@marrc.org so we can resolve your issues.

KumiK
05-08-2012, 05:10 PM
Hello all! Kumi K. here ;)

Honored to have been voted in as MARRC Vice Pres for 2012! Hope to see a lot more smiling faces over here :)

KumiK
05-08-2012, 05:10 PM
!

If you are having problems, email us using the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the forum page or directly to forum.admin@marrc.org so we can resolve your issues.

I've been told my issues may take a LONG time to resolve ;)

Lucky
05-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Long :) time

Rick
05-08-2012, 07:25 PM
Im here

Stephen Harris
05-08-2012, 08:01 PM
Hello:

Stephen Harris here, got the request for reply. I'm not a big forum / chat room / bookface / twiter kinda guy http://www.marrc.org/forum/images/icons/icon11.png, but I will be at Summit Point at the end of the month.

Stephen Harris

Gorecki
05-08-2012, 09:58 PM
Good start, but we're still shy by about 80% of the member base, a couple stuck their head in but didn't post, the prez signed up (guessing he didn't remember he already had an account) so I have an email off to him.

Glad to see you! Like I said, this is mostly to make sure everyone can get in and working okay.

I've been told my issues may take a LONG time to resolve ;)
Well Kumi, I dunno if I can assist much in THOSE sorts of issues. So here's an amusing cat icon to look at. :cat:

:icon_wink:

Saeger
05-09-2012, 07:57 AM
Still here!

thesasse1
05-09-2012, 09:49 AM
but was on the iPhone and driving. :icon_wink:

So, I'm here and accounted for. Carry on...

wild child
05-09-2012, 01:36 PM
I am here also. Sorry for the delay. Testing and some nitwit set the bathroom on fire. No wonder I am retiring:banghead:

CrazyMotorcycleGuy
05-09-2012, 10:10 PM
:swear:

Simon
05-10-2012, 08:39 AM
:icon_cool: I'm here.

Carol
05-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Present (and with a shiny new password, since I evidently forgot the old one). :icon_rolleyes:

Gorecki
05-22-2012, 06:12 PM
Okay, so following up on this roll call exactly two weeks later. We have had less than 20% of the existing forum member list chime in. We've had a password recovery or two and a couple sign up when people on their own solicit forum sign up in other places (can't say enough how much I appreciate that).

Over all results, dismal! :(

I would really hope membership could realize the amount of input, exchange and interaction could happen between club members using these tools. I completely understand some people are just not down with the whole social media thing. But there sure are a lot more who show up on FaceTubes and other places without hesitation.

For those of you who showed up to the party, THANK YOU! :thanks:

For those who did not. :23_4_65:

Expat2b
05-25-2012, 01:40 AM
Sorry for the delay, I'm here, don't recall getting an email.

N8RIDER
05-26-2012, 10:21 AM
Here

The Evil Twin
05-29-2012, 05:56 PM
I didn't get an email either, but I'm here! However, my mother does dress me funny :D

KumiK
05-29-2012, 10:10 PM
I didn't get an email either, but I'm here! However, my mother does dress me funny :D

Don't blame your mommy for that! ;)

porticosmom
05-29-2012, 10:14 PM
never got an email just happened to check the page

KumiK
05-29-2012, 10:24 PM
never got an email just happened to check the page

;) I read the other post before this one ;) Thanks for checking in! GORECKI can we see what we can do about the email list??? I definitely got an email asking me to 'check in' over here. Maybe some folks emails got directed to Spam? Is there a way that we can tell? I know NOTHING about emailing lists or how they work.

Gorecki
05-29-2012, 10:51 PM
Well, I was a little afraid people didn't get the message. IF people did get the message it's very possible it was marked as spam.

;) I read the other post before this one ;) Thanks for checking in! GORECKI can we see what we can do about the email list??? I definitely got an email asking me to 'check in' over here. Maybe some folks emails got directed to Spam? Is there a way that we can tell? I know NOTHING about emailing lists or how they work.

Our email issues are summarized in the following thread :
http://www.marrc.org/forum/showthread.php?110-Our-ISP-SiteGround.com-doesn-t-deserver-our-business!

Simply enough our hosting provider here is crap and email is just one of the reasons why we're moving. I've been working on that move for weeks now to the degree I actually have a fully functional (including forums and databases) copy of EVERYTHING running on a linux box here until we migrate to our new hosting provider FASTGUYS.NET, which I've also got to finish building. I will from there do everything possible to assure marrc.org mail is not treated as spam, but can not absolutely avoid it, so people should make marrc.org a trusted email source in what ever they use to read their mail.

KumiK
05-29-2012, 11:30 PM
Thank you for your prompt response Gorecki :). I am still nosing my way around other topics so I apologize for asking stuff if it has already been addressed :)

KumiK
05-29-2012, 11:34 PM
Another question. I notice that when I am not signed in I can only see a few categories. Maybe we should post something somewhere that there is more info if you register - I know that I would visit before and not log in and had no idea there was "more" to the forum.

Gorecki
05-30-2012, 01:13 AM
Thank you for your prompt response Gorecki :). I am still nosing my way around other topics so I apologize for asking stuff if it has already been addressed :)

Oh, pshaw...no sweat. Figured it would be easier to point than explain the details. :icon_cool:

Another question. I notice that when I am not signed in I can only see a few categories. Maybe we should post something somewhere that there is more info if you register - I know that I would visit before and not log in and had no idea there was "more" to the forum.

Good observation and you're completely right! Simply been holding off on that. If you'd like to have the honor of creating a nice note of a thread here in the 'welcome center' (which is publically visible) that makes that point clear then we can pin it. That would be great!

castle
05-30-2012, 08:40 AM
Checking in. I'm here and did receive the e-mail.

Cowboy 6
05-30-2012, 09:24 AM
Finally able to log on. So, I'm here!

SarahYD
05-30-2012, 02:14 PM
I did not receive the email, but it is probably because the email went to an account to which i never sign in and for which i have probably forgotten the password.

We have an internet usage policy at work, so it's very difficult for me to check this regularly.
i can be reached quickly via treasurer@marrc.og or bylaws@marrc.org.

sastle
05-30-2012, 04:04 PM
I'm here...anyone upset about this can blame Kumi. :swear: I did not receive the email.

KumiK
05-30-2012, 04:09 PM
I'm here...anyone upset about this can blame Kumi. :swear: I did not receive the email.

Yay!! :) thanks for checking in :).